He’s using it as chair of his class’ 50th reunion
Ed Auble ’61 is a very active alumnus. When asked about his involvement with his alma mater, Auble responds, “Here goes!” and begins his extensive list, which, among other things, includes:
- Former president, Philadelphia alumni chapter;
- Alumni Association Nominating Committee;
- Alumni Affairs Director Search Committee (twice);
- Reunion Chair for 25th class reunion and 50th (upcoming) reunion;
- Alumni Council (formerly Alumni Association Executive Committee), three tours, during which he has chaired the Chapters, Legacy, and International (currently) Committees, and the Volunteer Task Force;
- Member of the Friends of the Williams Center Advisory Board.
- Co-organizer, 2007 Sigma Chi Homecoming reunion
Still, when the opportunity presented itself for him to join Lafayette’s Alumni Online Community, he didn’t hesitate to register.
“I want to be connected with my classmates and others in the Lafayette community,” says Auble, managing partner of Broker Resource Center in Paoli, Pa. “As reunion chair for our 50th, I want to have more contact with classmates. Plus, Sherri Jones [director of alumni affairs] would never forgive me if I didn’t join!”
A business administration major who lives in West Chester, Pa., Auble encourages other alums to join the online community.
“It was easy to sign up,” he says.
And the benefits are well worth the time.