Alison Falt ’94 strengthens Lafayette bonds via Alumni Online Community
Because her Lafayette friendships are special to Alison Falt ’94, she uses the Alumni Online Community to stay connected.
“I value the time I spent at Lafayette and the life-changing relationships I formed there,” says the American studies graduate. “The online community is an opportunity to maintain this connection.”
Falt enjoys reading updates from fellow classmates and used the online community to track down a classmate now living in Asia.
“I’m encouraged when people share something about what is happening in their lives now,” she says. “The more people who join, the more opportunity there is for networking.”
Falt is a database coordinator for the American Cancer Society, training and supporting editors who provide detailed information for a public database containing more than 70,000 resources and 6,000 events.
She used the online community to share her story of helping rebuild homes in New Orleans destroyed by Hurricane Katrina and encourage others to donate their time to the rebuilding effort.
Lafayette’s Alumni Online Community is a secure resource available exclusively to the College’s alumni. Features include:
- Resume bank
- Alumni directory
- Ability to read and post Class Notes updates and photos
- Alumni events calendar featuring online registration
- Power Search option allowing users to search for alumni by city, state, zip code, academic major, occupation, job title, company name, fraternity, sorority, sports played in college, and any other information included in profile
- Lafayette email forwarding address
- Profile enabling users to provide the College with updated contact information
To register, visit the Lafayette home page and choose “Alumni” on the left, then the Alumni Online Community icon on the right. Your password is the “L number” above your name on your Alumni News mailing label. (Enter the L number with no space between the L and the number.) You also can obtain your password by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.