News

April 1, 2011

Pardee Hall Combines Technology and Old World Charm

Built in 1872-73, Pardee Hall is the earliest building at Lafayette with its exterior intact as originally conceived. It is home to several departments and programs in the humanities — English, film & media studies, foreign languages and literatures, philosophy, religious studies, and theater — as well as Africana studies, American studies, Asian studies, international affairs, mathematics, policy studies, and women’s & gender studies. It houses several smart classrooms, the collaborative, high-tech Foreign Language and Literatures Resource Center, and the Max Kade Center for German Studies. It is named after Ario Pardee, who donated $250,000 for its construction.

posted in Academic News, Extraordinary Campus, Humanities, News and Features