News

September 14, 2013

Video: Brad Bormann ’14 Brightens Day for Easton Seniors

Brad BormannBrad Bormann ’14 (Flemington, N.J.), who mans the offensive line and serves as co-captain for Lafayette’s football team, has been nominated for the America Football Coaches Association Good Works Team for outstanding contributions in volunteerism and civic involvement.

He has also earned early acceptance to the Teach For America program and serves as a peer mentor in the College’s Academic Tutoring and Training Information Center.

Bormann is profiled for his volunteer work by the Patriot League in this video.

posted in News and Features, Students

11 Comments

1. […] Training Information Center and is a supplemental instructor for Biology 101. He also works as a volunteer at the Easton Senior Center and participates in the Adopt-A-Grandparent program. Bormann is slated […]

2. Wow! Talk about the Johnny Appleseed story come to life. Mrs. Nealon shared this with me after going to the Youth 4 United Way class today. I am humbled to see how much you have done for so many since leaving High School. Your spirit of caring and giving of your time is inspirational. Kudos for all you do and congratulations on a well deserved nomination for your outstanding efforts.

says Bonnie Duncan
    October 11, 2013 at 10:59 am
  3. Congratulations! The nomination could have been for a better guy. I have no doubts that you will make a difference in Teach for America and be an excellent educator. Your determination and generosity make a positive impact wherever you go, and I’m proud to have known you.

says Mary Woods
    September 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm
  4. Brad, I am not surprised AT ALL to read about your nomination or your accomplishments with the community and the university. You were always an amazing student that committed himself above and beyond expectation. Congratulations!

says Heather Baldwin
    September 26, 2013 at 11:44 am
  5. Brad is among the finest young men I’ve met in my life. Like his coach said, he makes everyone around him a better person.

says Bob Behre
    September 25, 2013 at 11:10 pm
  6. I am so proud of you, Brad! You were an inspirational student at Hunterdon Central and it is no surprise that you have been so successful at Lafayette. I am thrilled that you will be joining the ranks at Teach for America. If I can be of any help at all, please feel free to reach out to me.

says Lisa Brady
    September 24, 2013 at 10:41 am
  7. Congratulations, Brad! I remember what a wonderful student you were in A.P. Literature all those years ago. I’ve always been in your cheering section, and I’m thrilled that you’re pursuing teaching. You will be an excellent educator. I learned from you every day. Best wishes, Mrs. Heuner

says Christine Heuner
    September 24, 2013 at 8:54 am
  8. You continue to inspire those around you! Brad you are a scholar, an athlete and a gentleman; a gentleman in every sense of the word.

says Suzanne Vrancken
    September 23, 2013 at 6:27 pm
  9. Brad, you made HC a better place for having been here and are continuing the same at Lafayette. We are so proud of you and know you will continue to accomplish great things- Mrs Steffner

says Chris Steffner
    September 23, 2013 at 4:39 pm
  10. Brad, you continue to make us all proud going all the way back to Robert Hunter Elementary School when we first met you! You’re doing great things. Come back and visit sometime when you’re not too busy!

says Hollis Turner
    September 23, 2013 at 2:59 pm
  11. You make Lafayette proud, Brad!

says Shehtaz Huq